At Christchurch Nursery we aim to foster positive partnerships with all parents. We will:
- Keep formal and informal records about every child and ensure parents have access to all written records.
- Ensure that parents have access to regular information about their child's progress and can discuss any pertinent issues with staff.
- Ensure that all parents are given the opportunity to contribute when it comes to shaping activities within the group, drawing upon their own skills, knowledge and interests.
- Keep parents updated with all information about meetings, conferences, workshops and training.
- Encourage the active involvement of parents, whatever forms this may take.
- Ensure every parent is aware of the systems for registering queries, complaints or suggestions.
- Provide opportunities for parents to discover more about the nursery curriculum and about recommended learning structures in the nursery and at home.
We are giving your child his/her first experience of nursery life; we want to make sure that this time is as happy as possible. It can be busy, bewildering and tiring for little ones as they learn to cope with many new faces, routines and strange surroundings. Children are welcome to visit with their parents before starting at the nursery so they can be introduced to their new friends, staff and to the environment.
The settling in period will be in the morning session from 9:00 a.m - 12:00p.m Monday to Friday for free. We want the child and the parent to be comfortable in this period.
During the settling in time we will allocate a key person and the backup key person for your child. We will also give you a chance to get to know us and see how we work and what we offer for your child.